General Practice Receptionist Apprentice | Bolton Community Practice
Job Purpose: • Responsibility for providing first-line contact for patients on behalf of the Centre and dealing with their requests in a courteous and efficient manner. • Responsibility for liaising with the different services. • Contributes to the delivery of a range of services for patients. • Assists with the general duties on the Practice reception.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Here you will be following policies and procedures to include health and safety. Duties will include -
• Using word processing skills to input details, referral letters and external correspondence.
• Problem solve
• Deal with customers – booking appointment, referrals and queries
• Summarising of medical records.
• Undertakes surveys/audits
• Contributes and makes suggestions for improving service provision.
• Ensuring that the Reception and Waiting area is kept in order.
• Making and receiving calls
• Understanding of medical terminology.
• Maintain high standards at all times - Ensuring practice complies with the Approved Code of Practice in Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
• To ensure that Health and Safety legislation is complied with at all times, including COSHH, Workplace Risk Assessment and Control of Infection.
• Ensure All information relating to patients and staff gained through your employment with this Practice is confidential.